This site uses browser cookies. Make sure that they are enabled.
We offer several beginner classes every week for new students interested in learning Tae Kwon Do. Students in the beginner classes have no more than 3 months experience in the martial arts so you'll always learn with students of your own ability. The Family Class schedule is appropriate for children ages 7 to 11, but teens and adults (parents) are also welcome.
- Our emphasis is in establishing discipline in your child through the two fundamental martial arts training principles of attention and respect. Both attention (standing perfectly upright and still while listening to the instructor) and respect (bowing to all higher ranking students and instructors) are developed in a child through mental focus and physiology.
- We build confidence and character by providing the child with control over his or her body and the ability to stand up to negative peer pressure and other intimidating situations.
- The movements involved in the Jhoon Rhee system develop coordination and increase strength and flexibility, which is very important during the growth years. Our martial arts ballet training, the display of martial arts moves to music, also develops concentration and timing.
- The awarding of the higher levels of Tae Kwon Do belts gives your child a sense of achievement and accomplishment. The importance of this is that it develops the principle of goal setting. We work on your child’s immediate, short term, and long term goals, which your child will be able to apply to other areas in life and carry with him or her into the future.
- Our Tae Kwon Do also involves free-style competition (Sport Tae Kwon Do). This helps develop a sense of sportsmanship, in a controlled and competitive situation.
- The foundation of the Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do, is its self-defense value. We are very careful to teach children that Tae Kwon Do is not to be used outside the Tae Kwon Do school in any matter other than in true self-defense. The result is a self-confident child, who does not need to bully, or show-off to other children.
- Most importantly, Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do is fun! Your child will meet many new friends, and burn off extra energy.
Call us for an appointment to observe a class already in session. If your child is interested, you can participate in our $159 four week trial. The trial includes a uniform and allows your child to attend 2 classes per week.